Should a protracted legal battle continue between Barisan and Pakatan Rakyat, Malik said “the real losers are the people of Perak” because the state would be paralysed by such a crisis.
The situation now was that Barisan controlled the state assembly but the MB was from the Opposition, he said adding that: “It would be best if a fresh election is held,” he added.
Bar Council chairman Ragunath Kesavan said there was no point in both Barisan and Pakatan going to the courts on legal battles when the answer did not lie in the courts but in the hands of the people where it rightly belongs.
He said Dr Zambry would appeal yesterday’s High Court decision to the Court of Appeal and the loser would then appeal to the Federal Court.
- Malaysians tell Najib not to think he is blameless in the Perak fiasco
- Rabble rouser slams jungle culture in Perak ?
- Malaysia has been using security legislation against government opponents
- Perak Assembly Speaker unseated by conspiracy
- Najib (who orchestrated the Perak power grab) aloofly says Perak State Assembly pandemonium was shameful
- After Perak’s mass wanton arrests, Home Minister now ‘releases’ some ISA detainees
- Perak mass arrests anger public
- Najib’s power grab in Perak puts Malaysia in Wall Street Journal
- Time to end the Perak circus by letting the people decide
- Perak crisis should be resolved by the people
“The issue will go on and on. Each round of legal battles promises finality but fails to deliver it. Time moves on but the business of running the state government continues to be sidelined,” he said in a statement yesterday.
Malaysians tell Barisan to let the people decide, not drag it out in courts