SELANGOR Mentri Besar Tan Sri Khalid Ibrahim (PKR-Bandar Tun Razak) has declassified state information to reveal that a total of 99 development projects on hills were approved by local councils in Selangor since 2000.
He said that 33 of them were approved between 2000 and January 2005 while 63 were approved between February 2005 and February this year.
Three others have been abandoned.
Speaking to reporters at the Parliament lobby, he said 64 projects were ongoing, 21 had yet to start while the status of 11 projects could not be determined as yet.
Currently, 27 projects came under the Ampang Jaya Municipal Council, said Khalid, adding that of these, 10 of them were located in Bukit Antarabangsa and 11 in Melawati.
On June 27 last year, Khalid said a committee meeting under the state government had rejected the application by Superview Sdn Bhd to revive an abandoned project at Jalan Wangsa 9, Taman Wangsa Ukay.
Since April, Khalid said the state government had been monitoring hillside developments and ordered those which did not comply with regulations to stop work.
“We have ordered some projects to stop work in the Subang and Kajang areas,” said Khalid.
He said that inspections would continue as part of the government’s monitoring process.
He added that between 1993 and 2008 there had been 18 major landslides in Selangor – in Ampang Jaya (nine), Subang (three), Selayang (two), Kajang (three) and one in Hulu Selangor.
Khir Toyo’s government approved 99 hillside projects since 2000 (including 10 in Bukit Antarabangsa, 11 in Melawati) !!