Perak wants the previous Barisan Nasional government to explain how this year’s RM8mil development fund was spent in less than three months.
State senior executive council member Datuk Ngeh Koo Ham said the Pakatan Rakyat government was shocked at the way the fund, meant for small projects, had been spent before or during the March 8 general election campaign period.
The fund, he said, was made up of a RM75,000 allocation to each Barisan assemblyman with an additional RM100,000 given to each state exco member.
“The people are suspicious that it was spent on the election campaign.
“We are not accusing them yet but we want them to clarify,” Ngeh told a press conference yesterday.